This is the perfect winter soup, and easy to make!
Sweet Potato Pablano Soup
Serves 4 (with leftovers)
2 large sweet potatoes (you choose the variety) peeled and cut into large chunks
2 pablano peppers, seeded and deveined, cut into large pieces
1 large white onion, peeled and diced large
3 stalks celery, cut into large pieces
2 cloves garlic, peeled
½ cup fresh cilantro leaves
1 cup white wine (optional)
Vegetable broth or water
Sea Salt to taste
- In a large pot, heat to medium and add oil to lightly cover the bottom of pot.
- Add onions and garlic, stir to coat with the oil.
- One by one add the rest of vegetables and let cook on med for 15 minutes.
- Add wine and enough water and/ or broth to barley cover the vegetables.
- Add salt, cover and simmer 30 minutes or longer.
- Blend when soup had cooled a bit, then stir in cilantro.
Reheat and enjoy! It tastes great with some crumbles of goat cheese or a dollop of plain yogurt and some great rustic bread