So I just made a huge batch of this for a party for 50 people. It was easy and super tasty and will last in the fridge for a while. You can totally transfer out the shrimp for any other protein, cutting beef or chicken into really small pieces, or using baked tofu if you are veg.
2 cups basmati or jasmine rice (white or brown), cooked per directions
1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp, or other protein
1 bunch green onion, sliced thin, mostly jsut the white part
1/2 cup diced red pepper
1/2 cup diced mushrooms
2-3 TBSP coconut oil or canola oil
1 TBSP minced ginger
1/4 cup tamari
1/2 can coconut milk
1. In a large saute pan, heat to medium and add oil.
2. Add mushrooms. When mushrooms start to brown add red pepper and salt. Cook until peppers are soft. Add ginger.
3. Add shrimp, cooking until they are turned pink. Remove all ingredients and put in a bowl.
4. Heat same saute pan to medium again, add 2 Tbsp oil. Add green onions and then rice. Let the rice get sticky with the bottom of the pan by not over stirring. When the rice is hot, stir in the eggs, getting them all whipped in. They should cook very quickly.
5. Drizzle in tamari and coconut milk as you stir the rice more, then add in all of the shrimp and vegetables that you already cooked.
6.Add cilantro, stir and serve!