I was browsing through a food magazine and saw a picture that looked sooo good, I decided to make it for dinner. When I went to make it, I couldn’t find the magazine anywhere. So, i cooked with my eyes (ie: without a recipe), and the outcome was delish!
1 28 oz can plum tomatoes, tomatoes blended until smooth
1/2 can chickpeas, drained
2 cups chicken broth
1 small yellow onion
2 cloves garlic
2 inch piece ginger, minced
Handful chopped cilantro
Dollop of greek yogurt, plain, for serving
1 can chickpeas, some liquid reserved
1/2 cup tahini
Juice of one lemon
Olive oil for Garnish
Pita, warmed and cut
1. Heat a soup pot up to medium, and add oil to coat bottom of pan. Add onions, ginger and garlic and cook until fragrant and sft, 5 minutes about. Stir in cumin and oregano.
2. Add tomatoes and cook with lid for 15 minutes. Add broth and simmer 10 more.
3. Salt carefully, depending on how much, if any salt was in your broth!
4. Add chickpeas and cilantro and keep on low until serving!
5. Pour into bowls and top with a spoonful of Greek yogurt. Serve with pitas and hummus.
1. Blend in food processor chick peas, tahini, lemon and salt. If it is too thick, add some reserved bean juice.
2. Scoop out and garnish with paprika and olive oil. Serve with pita and hot soup.