Sesame Noodles with Vegetables and Thin Beef
This dish is great to make ahead of time, since you have to marinate the beef, you can do that and make the noodle salad the day before and just sear the beef right before serving.
I like to have a cold noodle salad and add the beef searing hot. You can switch out the vegetables though, and cook them up and serve the noodles and veg warm to.
1 package udon noodles, cooked
1 lb beef, like New York, put in freezer. Yes, freezer.
1/3 cup tamari
1/3 cup toasted sesame oil
1/3 cup brown sugar
Tbsp crushed ginger
Tbsp crushed garlic
½ cup toasted sesame oil
½ cup rice vinegar
Red pepper flakes, optional
1 Cucumber, seeded and sliced
1 red pepper, cut into slices
2 cups cooked broccoli
1 cup cilantro or basil
- Pull frozen beef out of freezer and let start to thaw. The beef is in the freezer for the sole purpose of you being able to cut it thin. So if you didn’t freeze it, just try to cut it as thin as you can!
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients for marinade.
- When the beef is thaw enough, slice thinly and place in marinade. Cover and refrigerate.
- In another bowl, combine dressing ingredients. Add cooked and chilled noodles and vegetables, toss.
- Heat a pan to medium high. When hot, carefully with tongs add beef in, it will sear quickly when the pan is hot. Pull off and place on noodles as soon as its cooked.
- Garnish with cilantro or basil and enjoy!