Kale chips are quick, easy and simple when you know what you are doing. Make these a couple of times and you will be a pro. You can start adding other seaonings if you like, but this simple and clean flavor is a big hit around my house!
1 bunch curly kale (I like using lacinato/dino as well)
1. Pre-heat oven to 275′.
2. Cut kale off stem by running a sharp knife down the edge of the stem, it should shear off the leaves. Cut the leaves coarsely into more manageable pieces. I cut mine to be a couple of inches.
3. Drizzle salt and oil on as if you were about to eat it raw. That’s the best way I can describe how much! Massage in and make sure oil gets on all the leaves.
4. Spread evenly and not layered or touching each other on the cookie sheets. If they are layered or too crammed, they will steam each other and not get crispy.
5. Place in oven, checking and rotating racks every 10 minutes, and flipping the kale about 15 minutes in. Pull out to cook once they get crisp to the touch, around 20-25 minutes depending on your oven of course.
6. Put in bowl and watch disappear!